We asked Amanda McGinnis a few fun questions. Leadership Staff Spotlight is designed to help you get to know our awesome team of Leadership Staff a little better. Amanda lives in Georgia and is and an avid hunter and barrel racer.
If you could only hunt in one season which one would it be?
• Duck season all the way!!!
What’s your favorite location to hunt?
• Augusta AR is GREAT! I am also very fond of SouthEast Missouri also!
Who introduced you to hunting?
• My dad. He was a huge bow hunter! My Brother introduced me into duck hunting a long time ago and I have been hooked EVER SINCE!
What do you hunt for?
• ANY THING! If it is in season, I am hunting it! Duck, Quail, Dove, Deer, Turkeys, Hog, Gators!
What hunting skill would you like to master?
• ALL of them! I feel like there is ALWAYS something you can still learn. If I had to pick ONE it would be mastering Gator hunting!
What’s your biggest hunting challenge?
• Calling! I can go duck hunting alone and call the entire time. As soon as I get in front of people I get VERY call shy!
What would be the most amazing hunting adventure that is still on your bucket list? –
• Elk! I want to go Elk hunting so bad!
What hunting skill do you wish you knew more about?
• I wish I was more educated on Elk and Moose hunting!
What’s the hardest hunting lesson you’ve learned?
• I would have to say the hardest hunting lesson I have learned is how to duck hunt… how to plant what where, and how to set up the correct decoy spread to go with the sun rise and wind. . . I had to learn all of that by myself with trail and error.
If hunting was no longer an option for you what would you do with your time?
• Barrel racing and training horses! I absolutely love barrel racing, but I will admit as soon as hunting season starts I do not haul as much as I should!
What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
• Bow hunting and duck hunting with out a doubt the easiest things for me to talk about!
How many pairs of hunting boots do you own?
• 4 and I have to resist buying anymore LOL
What style of hunting are you most passionate about?
• Archery. The patience and practice that goes into it makes everything so worth it in the end!
NON – HUNTING RELATED
What do you like most about Shoot Like A Girl’s Mission
• I LOVE their passion they have to reach out to women. A lot of girls are nervous about hunting because everyone knows it as a “guys” sport. SLG gives us girls support and encouragement in the industry.
If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
• Hunt more! LOL
What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
• I would love to start running hunt test with dogs I have trained!
What non hunting related skill would you like to master?
• Well, its not hunting but I would love to master deep sea fishing! I have been fortunate enough to have awesome friends who have taken me and taught me a lot!
What non hunting related do you wish you knew more about?
• Training horses. I am blessed to be very educated in it but there is always more to learn!
What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
• Cozumel, I went there this summer on a cruise and had a lot of fun!
Where do you usually go when you when you have time off?
• The beach! I love the beach!!!
Who inspires you to be better?
• My son. My motto is “Be the girl you would want your son to marry.” We have to give our kids great examples on how they should be as the grow up.
• My mom. She is a great Godly role model on who I want to be as a wife and mother.
What are three interesting facts about you?
• I am ALWAYS cold
• I love being lazy (cause it doesn’t happen much)
• I am a people pleaser.
What is your biggest fear?
• SNAKES! I am absolulely TERRIFIED of snakes!
If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
• STEAK and bake potatoes! YUMMY
List two pet peeves
• Dirty dishes sitting in the sink. (Can not stand that!)
• Getting in a vehicle and its sitting on empty… no no no!
Which of the five senses would you say is your strongest
• Smell! My boyfriend told me this weekend “You have a nose on you better than a lab.”
One thing that not a lot of people know you love to do?
• I love to go bowling with friends when I have the time.
Mountains or Beach?
• BEACH all the way!